We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated secondary teacher to join our school community. This is a full time, fixed term position teaching Humanities, English and Religion for Term 2.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Support the liturgical and prayer life of the school,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• A clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment, and
• As this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description. Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
Chisholm Catholic College is a co-educational Secondary College established in the Logan City suburb of Cornubia in 1992. Our College motto is “Live Christ’s Challenge”, following the lived example of Caroline Chisholm and Jesus. Our College’s charism and values have been established on a genuine belief in creating FAMILY – Faith, Ambition, coMmitment, Integrity, Love and mercY. Our aim is to create independent, self-directed and reflective learners who can contribute positively to our ever changing world. Our talented and pastoral teachers are committed to inspiring our students and to providing a truly holistic education. As innovative and creative educators, our teachers play an important part in realising the vision of Chisholm Catholic College.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing Term 2 2020
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): Term 2
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Damian Bottaccio
Contact Telephone Number: 3209 0700
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window