TEACHER OF HUMANITIES
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale
Salary from £24,373 - £40,490 (Point M1 – U3)
Start Date: 1st September 2020
We are seeking an outstanding individual to deliver high quality lessons across the Humanities subjects, teaching across multiple specialisms through lessons and engaging in extra-curricular activity.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• Planning and delivering high quality, well-structured lessons across the Humanities subjects to pupils at KS3 and KS4 level
• Demonstrating strong subject knowledge across the Humanities subjects and a willingness to continually develop this
• Ensuring all lessons strike an appropriate balance between rigour and engagement
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Relevant degree
• Experience of planning, delivering and evaluating successful lessons
• Effective and sensitive communicator experience to a range of audiences
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Paxman Academy?
We can offer you:
• A Competitive Salary
• Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
• Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
• Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, and Cycle To Work Scheme
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 282. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 24th January 2020
Shortlisting will take place on Friday 24th January 2020
Interviewing will take place on Monday 3rd February 2020
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.