Our staff are our most valued asset. The Academy has access to a wealth of support provided by outstanding practitioners, giving opportunities for staff to flourish and develop.
We are require a Teacher of Humanities (History/Geography). This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established, successful school.
This is a brilliant opportunity for the right candidate to come and become part of a supportive team at a wonderful place of work. We can offer you a warm, welcoming place to work and fabulous students to work with!
Students who pursue Humanities (History/Geography) are able to progress to A-Level pathways and this role would be perfect for a candidate with a real passion for their subject specialism and for A-Level teaching.
We welcome candidates with either History or Geography specialism; the ability to teach both would be desirable.
Additionally, you will benefit from:
• Working with highly diligent students who enjoy humanities lessons
• Support from a fantastic subject leader and senior leadership team
• The opportunity to develop and deliver examination courses up to and including A level
The Robert Smyth Academy developed from Market Harborough’s oldest school and was founded in 1607. It is now a vibrant, fast growing 11 – 19 Academy with nearly a thousand students and well over 300 students in the sixth form. The area around Market Harborough, which is an attractive and a growing market town, is increasing in its diversity and offering significant potential for the Academy to grow.
In 2016 and 2017 the Academy’s Key Stage 4 and 5 results were very pleasing and underpin the progress that has been made. The OfSTED inspection in September 2017 deemed the Academy as ‘good’. This, with other progress being made, is the foundation of the Academy’s journey to being ‘outstanding’. The Academy also enjoys a very positive reputation in its community and particularly for its considerable extra-curricular offer in many areas, most notably in art, music and sport.
If you join us, you will benefit from:
• Teaching pupils who are well motivated as the school enjoys strong parental support
• Working in a Trust with structured professional development opportunities
• A real chance to develop in a forward thinking, highly successful academy
• Developing yourself in our ‘can do’ culture and positive ‘want to’ climate
We actively place staff wellbeing at the centre of everything we do. Our staff are our single biggest asset, and the success of our students depends on them. So we take care of and invest in them properly.
A few of the things we offer are:
• A comprehensive CPD programme for all staff whether they are NQT, RQT or aspiring leaders.
• A supportive, open and approachable management team
• Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other
We really value our staff and will do whatever we can to meaningfully demonstrate that
Free tea, coffee
Corporate Gym membership
Weekly Yoga classes
Employee Assist Programme
Weekly running group
On-site parking for staff
The Academy participates in the childcare voucher scheme
Informal conversations about the post are most welcome
Shortlisting: Monday 12th April 2021 (9am)
Interviews: Week commencing 12th April 2021
Please click on the Apply Now button to download the application form.
Completed applications must be returned to Mrs Alishia Read at the Academy by 9am on the closing date via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details please visit https:://www.robertsmyth.tgacademy.org.uk
The recruitment process is robust in seeking to establish the commitment of candidates to support the school’s measures to safeguard children and to identify, deter or reject people who might pose a risk of harm to children or are otherwise unsuited to work with them. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. All applications will be considered on their merit and the post will be offered subject to the usual health, criminal record and reference clearance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting. �t�6a1
The Robert Smyth Academy
Market Harborough, Leicestershire
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years