We are looking to appoint an ambitious and inspiring Teacher of Humanities (ideally a Geography specialist) with energy and enthusiasm and a real passion for their subject who will join a team of Humanities specialists across the Trust’s schools. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a school within a Trust with great potential, some real strengths and the ability and desire to develop further.
The successful candidate will:
- have a passion for Humanities
- have excellent communication skills have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision of the Department and school
- be able to build relationships quickly
- show respect to others and be able to embrace the ethos and values of the trust
- be positive, optimistic, caring, kind and approachable
- be willing to be immersed in the life of a busy school
- have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning
Our values and ethos focuses on developing a love of learning, high achievement both personally and academically which comes from the tremendous work of all our staff and the great achievements of our children.
This role will be challenging, yet immensely rewarding. Working within our Trust, you will be supported by an experienced leadership team, strong governance and a committed staff. We will also offer an excellent package:
- a competitive salary + recruitment allowance
- high-quality CPD opportunities
- work collaboratively with Trust colleagues, sharing best practice and specialisms
- possible relocation expenses
- a strong sense of shared moral purpose and a real opportunity to transform the lives of young people
You are warmly encouraged to visit our Trust prior to application, please do not hesitate to contact Bella Byrne who will be happy to arrange this. Our CEO, Steve Hillier is available to have an informal discussion with interested applicants about the role. Please contact his assistant Bella Byrne on 01935 811066 or at Bella.Byrne@sast.org.uk
For a recruitment pack and online application form, please visit the trust website: www.sast.org.uk
Closing Date: 9.00 am on Monday 25th November 2019
SAST has an absolute commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS. The Trust values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.