Teacher of Humanities (History or Geography)
Required for September 2017
Salary: MPR (Fringe)
Are you a dynamic and inspirational Humanities teacher (History or Geography) looking for a position in an ‘outstanding’ school?
Glyn School is seeking to appoint an innovative and passionate teacher to join our successful Humanities Department. Glyn has developed a reputation for challenging and stretching students with engaging and enriching teaching across all key stages.
Glyn School is ideally situated just ten minutes’ walk from both Ewell East and Ewell West stations, both of which are approximately 20 minutes from Clapham Junction and within Zone 6.
Humanities at Glyn School:
Our high-performing Humanities faculty is an exceptional team with a strong group ethic. History and Geography are popular option choices at GCSE and thrives at A Level. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced or a newly qualified classroom teacher to make a significant contribution and help advance the department from ‘outstanding’ to ‘exceptional’. We are interested in hearing from all candidates, no matter what point in your career you are currently at.
Glyn School is a values driven, learning centric and innovative school, with an Ofsted ranking of ‘Outstanding’ in 2009 and 2012. An oversubscribed 11-19 Academy, Glyn is the lead school in the successful and thriving GLF Multi Academy Trust. We are a vibrant school for boys aged 11-16 with 1227 students on roll (year 7-11), and a successful mixed Sixth form with 546 students. Glyn is a high performing school, where learning is our overriding priority. Our highly engaged and hardworking students achieve excellent examination results, as demonstrated by results of 84% A*-C English and Maths in 2016 GCSE and 57% A*-B in A-Levels. In 2014, we were designated a teaching school, one of a select number that represent the most outstanding and innovative practices nationally.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to develop your teaching career through our extensive CPD programme, whatever your level of experience. Glyn has achieved Investors in People (Silver) status demonstrating our commitment to Continuing Professional Development.
• An opportunity to teach in a well-resourced and highly successful faculty
• Enhanced maternity and sickness entitlement
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
• An opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools
The successful candidate will need to:
• Be an excellent and creative classroom practitioner, able to teach History or Geography to KS3, KS4 and/or KS5
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
• Be passionate about the students’ learning and welfare
• Be keen to be part of the wider school community, participating in extra-curricular clubs.
Interview date: Week beginning 22 May 2017
Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting has taken place.