We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated teacher to join our humanities department from September 2018. We welcome applications from both Geography and History specialists.
You will be joining a small and supportive department whose profile within the Academy is growing year on year. There is good take up of both Geography and History at GCSE and A Level. Key Stage Three students follow a rotation moving across Geography, History and Ethics over the course of the year ensuring a strong foundation for further study later in students’ careers.
This position would suit both NQTs and more experienced teachers seeking to broaden their experience.
The successful candidate will:
· Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher with the desire to inspire and motivate students to achieve and succeed in humanities.
· Have experience teaching humanities across Key Stage 3, and be able to demonstrate experience teaching History/Geography at Key Stage 4. Experience teaching at Key Stage 5 would be advantageous but not essential.
· Be willing to go above and beyond what is expected, encouraging students to take a holistic view of the study of humanities.
· Possess a tenacious ambition for their students, seeking to give them exciting and engaging opportunities for learning.
What we can offer you:
· Daily allowance for breakfast and lunch.
· Additional planning and preparation time. Staff at BWT receive 5 hours of PPA.
· A modern building with fantastic facilities and resources.
· A supportive and friendly community of staff and students.
· A full induction programme.
· Access to BWT Teaching School Alliance training programmes.
About Kettering Science Academy:
Kettering Science Academy is a really good Academy on its journey to outstanding. We are making rapid improvements and relentlessly focussed on providing a fun and stimulating experience for our students. We actively encourage students to participate in all areas of Academy life, motivating and inspiring them to unlock their potential and realise their ambitions – whatever they may be! We believe education is about more than achieving success in exams; it is about preparing students for the challenges and demands of life beyond education. Staff have an uncompromising commitment to this and work closely with one another to support and develop students as well as one another.
We are a thriving community of equals dedicated to creating a great place to work and learn; students and staff are happy and proud to be part of Kettering Science Academy. We are very confident that this will the Kettering Science Academy’s best year yet and we would like to offer you the opportunity to jump aboard and join us for this journey!
For further information about how to apply, to arrange a visit or an informal discussion about this role please contact Amy Brooks, Human Resources, on the below details:
T: 01536 532700
W: Brooke Weston Trust Careers
Closing date: Monday 29 January 2018
Please be aware that if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date your application has on this occasion, been unsuccessful.
Care and respect for others are the values that lie at the heart of our Trust. The Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.