Inspire their remarkable
Four Dwellings Academy is a thriving, diverse, fully inclusive school with a clear vision to inspire all students to lead remarkable lives. Four Dwellings Academy continues to go from strength to strength with our Progress 8 score continuing to be above the national average. We are proud to be a Good school and determined to become an Outstanding school at our next inspection. We want students to achieve academic excellence, develop strength of character and above all else, be happy. We have a committed and ambitious team, and have been very successful at developing teachers and leaders with progression both within and beyond the academy. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher of Humanities with high expectations, strong classroom management skills, good subject knowledge in your specialism and a willingness to develop your knowledge in the other subject areas. You should have a vibrant personality and be prepared to continually develop your skills to ensure enjoyment and rigour in the classroom. We have a strong team ethos and are looking for a like-minded person to join the Faculty at an exciting time of its development.
We would warmly welcome and encourage applications from Newly Qualified Teachers.
The ideal candidate will:
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the department and the academy;
- Have a relentless obsession about developing their own standards of teaching and learning to enable them to deliver excellent student outcomes;
- Be a committed team player;
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships;
- Be committed to Four Dwellings Academy ethos of high expectations and no excuses;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development
Why should you join us:
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Visits to our Academy are warmly welcome and these can be arranged by contacting Jade Burton, PA to the Principal, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Sunday 08 December 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.