Advertisement: University Academy of Engineering
Teacher of Humanities
Reporting to: Head of Humanities
Salary Range: £28,684 to £35,602 depending on experience
Type of Contract: Permanent – Full time
Deadline for applications Friday 29th June 2018
Interview: 4th July 2018
We are looking to appoint an ambitious and driven teacher of Humanities to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity allowing you to be at the heart of shaping the future success of the school.
University Academy of Engineering South Bank is a rapidly growing, mixed 11 - 18 school located in the heart of London. The school opened in September 2014 and is sponsored by London South Bank University. The school is part of the South Bank Academies Trust.
Our school is a safe haven where every child enjoys their own journey of discovery, creativity and imagination whilst developing a love for their learning. The students leave our school not just with qualifications showing their academic success, but also with the capacity to think clearly and deeply, a desire to act with integrity and to show kindness and empathy to others, and with the character and experience they need to thrive in the world.
We are looking to appoint someone who:
• has a passion for teaching and the impact this can have on the lives of young people.
• has a range of high quality teaching skills and a commitment to continually strive to improve and develop these skills.
• is engaged in current issues, ideas and research around secondary education.
• is able to set out a coherent educational vision for their subject within the school.
• wants to engage students in enriching learning experiences beyond the subject taught.
• excellent professional development opportunities through our professional learning community
• excellent resources and facilities across our newly built school
• a support structure designed to enable you to concentrate on teaching great lessons.
To apply for this role, click apply now and complete the online application.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and pre-employment checks. Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 4 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.