Staffordshire University Academy is seeking to appoint an innovative and ambitious teacher of history and geography who can enthuse, motivate and challenge students to achieve their best. Due to increased admission numbers we are excited to be expanding and therefore this new role will be an addition to our existing humanities team. The ability to deliver geography to all year groups - 7 through to 13 - is essential. You will be working in a highly supportive environment. All of our departments are committed to continually improving the quality of teaching and learning and raising the standards of all students at SUA.
This opportunity would suit an experienced teacher looking for a new challenge or a newly qualified teacher with ambition to take on additional responsibility. The position comes with a TLR allowance to lead upon an element within the humanities department; to be negotiated as part of the recruitment process. The post would suit a teacher qualified to teach history or geography with the flexibility of delivering in other subjects across the humanities department. The successful candidate will join a dedicated humanities department. You will work alongside an enthusiastic Head of Humanities who has a strong vision for developing the subjects further.
Do you have:
• High aspirations and a proven track record of delivering effective lessons where students are able to make at least good progress
• A passion for working with young people
• A desire to ensure all groups of students are suitably motivated and challenged
• The passion and dedication to make a difference to the lives of young people
• The desire to share and learn from best practice to ensure continual self-improvement
• The ability to use and apply technology in lessons to support teaching and learning
In return we can offer:
• Genuinely exciting career development opportunities in a growing and successful academy
• Supportive, experienced and enthusiastic colleagues
• Additional unique CPD opportunities provided by Staffordshire University
• Excellent facilities including classrooms equipped with the latest audio visual technology
For more information and to request an application pack please contact Miss Laura Heelis P.A. to the Principal & SLT at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website: www.suacademy.co.uk Tel: 01543 224654.
Closing date for applications is 9.00 am on Monday 24th April 2017.
This academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application for.