We are seeking to appoint a teacher willing to deliver more than one subject within the Humanities suite of Religious Education, History, Government and Politics and Geography. As we have a school based Sixth Form onsite, we are able to offer the option of A level teaching in most of these areas depending on the specialism of the successful candidate. Part time hours may be considered. All students study Geography, History and Religious Education at Key Stage 3. Religious studies is a core subject in Key Stage 4 and an optional GCSE. Also at Key Stage 4 all students study either Geography or History. Government and Politics is introduced at Key Stage 5 alongside Geography and History.
To succeed in the role you will have:
• A degree, or equivalent experience, with a teaching qualification (or about to qualify)
• A strong track record of outstanding teaching, with first class classroom management skills
• The ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff to further the department
• Exceptional personal organisation and time management skills
• A firm understanding of key national and educational policies and issues
• The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
• A clear commitment to improving your own and others’ performance through effective continuous professional development.
Woodkirk Academy is a successful, well established, fully comprehensive, co-educational 11-18 maintained Academy. We have a proud record in academic, intellectual, social and sporting, musical, dramatic and community developments. Our latest Ofsted report quoted ‘‘the quality of care and quality of pastoral care and welfare arrangements are outstanding”.
Woodkirk enjoys an excellent reputation as an employer and our ethos and working practices have allowed us to earn and retain Investors in People Gold Status - “People discuss their pride in working at Woodkirk; they describe it as the best place to work”.
Application packs can be downloaded from our website www.woodkirkacademy.co.uk or by email firstname.lastname@example.org