To support in the creation of a transformational school community by developing an enriching, exciting KS3 curriculum which leads to outstanding progress and attainment in your subject. Initially, to teach KS3 students to an exceptional standard. To work closely with the Head of Department and other subject teachers to ensure consistently excellent teaching and high standards across your department.
• Deliver 100% good and outstanding teaching within your department (with a focus on outstanding).
• Tracking, monitoring and accountability for the progress and attainment of students.
• To ensure marking and feedback for students work is of the highest standard across your department.
• Modelling exemplary practice in terms of managing difficult and challenging behaviour from students, and establishing a culture of high expectations.
• Take active part in enrichment classes and interventions.
Outcomes and Activities
• Developing strong partnerships and ensuring regular and productive communication with parents
Teaching and Learning
• Teach outstanding lessons that motivate, inspire and accelerate student progress
• Implement and adhere to the academies behaviour management policy, ensuring the health and well-being of pupils is maintained at all times
• Participate in preparing pupils for external examinations
• Maintain regular and productive communication with pupils, parents and carers, to report on progress, sanctions and rewards and all other communications
• Keep abreast of any developments within their subject area
Curriculum setting and assessment
• Develop high quality schemes of work and lesson plans for all year groups, in line with National Curriculum and academy requirements, that are inspiring for learners and teachers alike
• Monitor and assess pupil progress
• Set regular, measurable and significant assessments for the students
• Maintain accurate pupil data that can be used to inform lesson planning and therefore make teaching more effective
• To produce/contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual and groups of pupils
• To ensure the regular setting and completion of high quality home work
• Support the academies’ values and ethos by contributing to high quality enrichment activities
• Help create a strong academy community, characterised by consistent, orderly behaviour and caring, respectful relationships
• Help develop an academy culture and ethos that is utterly committed to achievement
• Support and work in collaboration with colleagues and other professionals in and beyond the school, covering lessons and providing other support as required
• To take on the role as an advisory tutor (form tutor) delivering advisory activities, providing support and monitoring pupils in your advisory group
• Vision aligned with LEA’s high aspirations and high expectations of self and others
• Raise the profile of humanities
• Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by your Line Manager or Principal
Potential candidates are encouraged to call Souzana Theo (Deputy Business Manager) with any questions on 02074260746 or email Souzana.email@example.com
More details can be found at www. londonenterpriseacademy.org
Closing date for applications: 14th October 2019
Interviews will be held during week commencing 17th October 2019
London Enterprise Academy is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students. All staff working within our academy are expected to share this commitment, complete statutory and additional safeguarding training and be familiar with our policies and procedures. All appointments will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
London Enterprise Academy
Aneurin Bevan House
81-91 Commercial Road London E1 1RD