Teacher of Humanities with TLR
MPS/UPS + TLR
Full time Permanent
Required from September 2021 an inspirational, dynamic and passionate teacher of Humanities, to join an established team, determined to ensure teaching is outstanding. You must have the ability to teach across the age and ability range. Applications from experienced candidates up to KS4 and with teaching and assessment experience at GCSE or A-Level with Geography, History or Religious Education specialisms are welcome.
The Halifax Academy is part of the Impact Education Trust; we are on a mission to improve the life chances of children and young people and improve social mobility. We are a Trust where Hearts and Minds connect through values driven partnerships and collaborative working. The Halifax Academy is the only 4-16 all-through school in Calderdale. Our brand-new primary phase building opened in February 2016. We are committed to and passionately believe in all-through education. Our Academy is supported and challenged by a skilled and proactive governing body.
• are an excellent teacher with a proven track record of results
• are committed to ensuring students and staff maximise every opportunity to achieve academically and personally
• are inspirational with excellent interpersonal skills to take people with you
• have a track record for using innovative approaches to securing high levels of student achievement through improving teaching and learning
In return we can offer:
• working as part of a creative and supportive team, who are unapologetically passionate about developing Teaching & Learning and who are determined and driven on our mission to achieve the very best for our students
• joining our ‘coaching culture’ which is a key focus for CPD in the school. Every member of our teaching and support staff are involved in our ‘Coaching for Excellence’ programme to focus on improving teaching and learning in all subjects. Each teacher has two hours built into their timetable to facilitate coaching
• the opportunity to gain cross phase experience
• opportunities to develop leadership skills through our development programmes
• access to a teaching school alliance which enables us to work collaboratively and share best practice with other providers and creates professional development opportunities
• enthusiastic students who are keen to make outstanding progress
• effective supportive and dynamic leadership
• an early school finish time of 13.15pm on Fridays
Application forms and further details can be downloaded from the Academy’s website at www.thehalifaxacademy.org
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 24th May 2021.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 27th May 2021.
The Halifax Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 16 years
The Halifax Academy is a high performing 4-16 all-through Academy in Calderdale, West Yorkshire. It was inspected by Ofsted in September 2017 being judged as good in all areas. Outcomes are outstanding at KS4 and place the academy in the top 15% of a...