TEACHER OF IB BIOLOGY, MEXICO CITY
The Churchill College is looking to appoint enthusiastic and committed teachers of Biology, to work with a dedicated team of teachers within Key Stage 4/5 departments to start in January 2017.
The Churchill School and College are members of The Anglo Mexican Foundation and provide bilingual education for children from 2 to 18 years. The School and College are authorised centres for the IB Primary years, Middle years and Diploma programmes and for Cambridge International Examinations.
Mexico City is a vibrant, cosmopolitan city rich in history and culture offering something for everyone. It is one of the largest cities in the world in terms of population and nestled in a valley at 2,300 metres above sea level. The country is diverse offering a wide range of travel opportunities such as beautiful beaches, quaint colonial towns, lush tropical jungles and, of course, a multitude of archaeological sites.
Teachers are housed in a popular residential area close to the campus, enjoying many local conveniences such as restaurants, shopping centres and theatres as well as access to a network of public transport services.
The successful applicant for this post will:
- Be passionate about teaching and learning;
- Hold a relevant degree and Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent;
- Have at least two years' experience in teaching;
- Have experience in, or knowledge about, IB and Cambridge programmes;
- Be able to engage and motivate students;
- Use assessment for learning tools, matching learning to individual needs;
- Seek to consistently improve their own practice;
- Promote the values of the school.
In return, we will offer you:
- Students who are inquirers and highly motivated by dynamic teaching;
- Well educated parents who are committed to the school and their children’s learning;
- Personal and professional development opportunities including career growth within the school and under the umbrella of The Anglo Mexican Foundation;
- Competitive salary (with additional benefits);
- Accommodation allowance;
- Flight allowance;
- Initial 2 year contract (renewable annually thereafter);
- Private health insurance;
- Excellent working environment with supportive and committed staff
If you would like to be part of the Churchill family we look forward to receiving your application as follows:
- Interested candidates should apply by sending a letter of application and current CV (including 3 professional referees). The letter should outline your reasons for wishing to obtain a role at The Churchill College (KS4-5) and include information regarding your professional/personal qualities and experience in relation to the post.
- Applications should be sent to: Human Resources at email@example.com by 30th November 2016.
- Following an initial filter based on written applications, first stage interviews will take place between 1st – 16th December 2016. Final interviews will take place thereafter via Skype. International candidates available to have interviews in London please send your availability to do so .