Malvern College Chengdu are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Teacher of ICT.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the College’s vision and values. He or She will be a supportive member of the Senior School Team and help ensure the success of Malvern College Chengdu as a leading independent school in China.
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated ICT curriculum for students
- Teach the subject throughout Malvern College Chengdu (Years 7 – 13), KS3, KS4, KS5.
- Facilitate and encourage a learning experience, which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- Contribute to raising standards of student attainment
- Share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
- Manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to students’ needs in order to inspire, motivate and challenge students
- Use an appropriate range of observation, assessment, monitoring and recording strategies as a basis for setting challenging learning objectives for students of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions, monitoring learners’ progress and levels of attainment
- Support to develop and refine the ICT curriculum to ensure that the curriculum area provides a range of teaching which complements the school’s strategic objectives, is relevant to the needs of students and examining and awarding bodies
- Holder of Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Qualifed teacher with recognised teaching credentials
- Minimum 2 years of full-time teaching experience
- High level of English Proficiency
- Experience of curricular innovation and development
- Previous experience of teaching ICT
- Experience of using ICT to enhance and support teaching and learning
- Knowledge of the particular difficulties faced by EAL student
For further information about working for Malvern College Chengdu please download the general information pack.
All applications should be submitted online via www.malverncollegeinternational.org/Current-Vacancies. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: August 2019
Closing date: 31th May 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Chengdu exists to provide a quality all round education for students and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks. Please note that we will need to take up the references provided in your application form prior to interview.
Please contact email@example.com for any queries about this role. Please note that a CV will not be accepted in place of the online application form.
For further information about Malvern College Chengdu, please visit our website at www.malvernchengdu.cn/en/. To find out more about the Malvern College International family, please visit www.malverncollegeinternational.org