Malvern College Chengdu is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Teacher of ICT.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the College’s vision and values. He or She will be a supportive member of the senior school team and help ensure the success of Malvern College Chengdu as a leading independent school in China.
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated ICT curriculum for students
- Teach the subject throughout Malvern College Chengdu (Years 7 – 13), KS3, KS4, KS5
- Facilitate a learning experience, which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- Contribute to raising standards of student attainment
- Share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
- Manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to students’ needs in order to inspire, motivate and challenge students
- Use an appropriate range of observation, assessment, monitoring and recording strategies as a basis for setting challenging learning objectives for students of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions, monitoring learners’ progress and levels of attainment
- Support to develop and refine the ICT curriculum to ensure that the curriculum area provides a range of teaching which complements the school’s strategic objectives, is relevant to the needs of students and examining and awarding bodies
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Qualifed teacher with recognised teaching credentials
- Minimum 2 years of full-time teaching experience
- High level of English proficiency
- Experience of curricular innovation and development
- Previous experience of teaching ICT
- Experience of using ICT to enhance and support teaching and learning
- Knowledge and understanding of working with EAL students.
All applications should be submitted online via the TES online application. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: August 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Chengdu is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant background checks.
Malvern College Chengdu
Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Five Distinctive Features of Malvern’s Xinjin Campus
Nurturing global citizens well versed with Chinese and Western cultures by stages
At Malvern, educating the “whole person” begins with the acquisition of skills and of knowledge. From bilingual imm...