We require an enthusiastic and forward-thinking teacher of Computer Science/ICT , who has the desire to join our large and thriving Design and Technology Faculty. Our school is committed to delivering a remarkable education, and is looking for a colleague who motivates, inspires and instils a passion for learning in all students.
What we are looking for:
• A qualified teacher with good subject knowledge and a proven track record of excellence in the classroom. NQTs are more than welcome to apply.
• An inclusive individual who has high expectations for all students, irrespective of their starting points.
• A positive and highly professional team player who is willing to share ideas and best practice.
What we can offer you:
• The opportunity to teach a popular subject as part of a supportive team. Technology is one of the strongest departments in school. Students currently experience a range of ICT/Computer Science skills in Y7&8 and can select Computer Science GCSE or OCR National Creative i-Media. We also have Post 16 provision for Computer Science and ICT Level3 BTEC. Numbers at KS4 and KS5 are healthy.
• Inquisitive and engaging students.
• Weekly collaborative planning time.
• High quality CPD, both within the school and across the Trust (eg if new to Creative i-media we can train/support)
• State of the art buildings with well-equipped, well-resourced classrooms.
• The department has shared values and support one another. It is also a very successful department which has consistently produced some of the best results in the school.
Beckfoot Oakbank is an 11-18 co-ed school with approximately 1550 students. It is located in Keighley. It joined the Beckfoot Multi Academy Trust in September 2016. It did so because of its ambition to create a great school and improve rapidly. The school moved into a brand new £30m purpose built campus at Easter 2018 and the current Headteacher was appointed in June 2018.
Beckfoot Trust consists of 10 Bradford schools, all comprehensive in character that cross mainstream secondary/ primary and special sectors. The Trust is already having significant impact with a number of outstanding schools and we are excited about the potential of a school led model to transform learning environments across our group of schools so that all of our young people and staff will flourish. The Trust has a Teaching School that sits at the heart of the organisation.
We pride ourselves on our professional development programmes and care for colleagues.
We hope the further particulars will give you a clear picture of the journey we are on and encourage you to apply for this key post at a very exciting stage in the school’s development.
Visits to the school and Trust are warmly welcomed by appointment, please contact Ann Christmas at Beckfoot Oakbank School to arrange and for any further information. Closing date for applications is Friday 28th June 2019 (9am). It is anticipated that interviews will take place on Monday 1st July 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding children and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required
Please note: CVs will not be accepted
ENJOY – LEARN -SUCCEED