We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher to join our Information Technology team. This is an opportunity to work in a demanding and fast moving Academy. In addition to carrying out the professional duties of a qualified teacher, the post holder shall work with the Curriculum Leader of Computing and Business to deliver the accountabilities as detailed in the job description.
The principal accountabilities are to:
· Teach across the age and ability range in such a way as to challenge and inspire students of all abilities
· Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students assigned to him/her in line with academy policies
· Contribute to the planning and implementation of the curriculum in accordance with academy and subject guidelines
· Liaise with colleagues to ensure a coherent programme of study for the students assigned to him/her. Supervise support staff and provide cover as appropriate.
· Set high expectations for students’ behaviour establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well focused teaching and through positive and productive relationships
· Be familiar with, support and reinforce the aims, ethos, policies and procedures of the Academy and curriculum area with students, staff and parents where appropriate
· Promote enrichment and extension activities related to the subject
· Be responsible for an aspect of the Curriculum Development / Improvement Plan, as agreed with the Curriculum Leader/Director
· Participate in meetings in the school, which relate to the efficient management of the school or the objective of raising standards within the department and Academy
Sirius Academy is situated in a state-of-the-art £48m facility. If you seek a new challenge and want to be part of a first class team, come and join us.