We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and dedicated teacher of ICT from January 2018 who can support the development of computer science teaching in the Academy. The successful candidate will be joining a small and supportive faculty that also comprises Business Studies. This role would be suitable for either an experienced member of staff or an NQT, and experience or the desire to teach A Level would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher with the desire to inspire and motivate students to achieve and succeed in ICT.
- Have experience teaching across Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4. Experience teaching at Key Stage 5 would be advantageous.
- Be willing to go above and beyond what is expected, encouraging students to acheive their best.
- Possess a tenacious ambition for their students, seeking to give them exciting and engaging opportunities for learning.
What we can offer you:
- Daily allowance for breakfast and lunch.
- Additional planning and preparation time. Staff at BWT receive 5 hours of PPA.
- A modern building with fantastic facilities and resources.
- A supportive and friendly community of staff and students.
- A full induction programme.
- Access to BWT Teaching School Alliance training programmes.
About Kettering Science Academy:
Kettering Science Academy is on a journey towards ‘outstanding’. We have made rapid improvements and we are now relentlessly focussed on providing stimulating learning experience for all our students. We actively encourage students to participate in all areas of academy life, motivating and inspiring them to unlock their potential and realise their ambitions. We believe education is about more than achieving success in exams; it is about preparing students for the challenges and demands of life beyond education. Staff have an uncompromising commitment to this and work closely with one another to support and develop students as well as one another.
We are a thriving community of equals dedicated to creating a great place to work and learn; students and staff are happy and proud to be part of Kettering Science Academy. We are very confident that this will be Kettering Science Academy’s best year yet and we would like to offer you the opportunity to jump aboard and join us for this journey! If you think you can contribute to our organisation we welcome your application.
Applicants are required to complete an application form as CVs will not be accepted.
For further information about how to apply, to arrange a visit or an informal discussion about this role please contact Amy Brooks, HR Manager, on the below details:
T: 01536 532700
W: Brooke Weston Trust Careers
Closing date: Monday 18 September 2017
Please be aware that if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date your application has, on this occasion, been unsuccessful.
Care and respect for others are the values that lie at the heart of our Trust. The Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.