A vacancy has arisen within the ICT Department for a Subject Leader of ICT to join us from
September 2017. This is an exciting leadership opportunity, for an inspirational classroom
practitioner, with strong communication and leadership skills.
The successful candidate will be able to teach ICT to students of all abilities across Key
Stages 3 to 5. You will be committed to raising standards at all levels; delivering excellent
lessons and enthusing pupils through your passion for the subject. This is a part-time position
teaching our Senior Girls and Sixth Form covering 80% of timetable. However, for the right
candidate there may be scope to increase this to a full time post.
To be successful in this role, you must be:-
- Suitably qualified with QTS obtained in the appropriate age range
- Experienced in teaching ICT through KS3 to KS5
- Passionate in using your knowledge of current theory and practice in teaching and learning to provide highly effective curriculum delivery
- An enthusiastic team player, willing to participate fully in the School’s extra-curricular programme and wider school life
- Engaged with the School's ethos, thinking creatively and reflectively within an open, honest and hardworking team
Above all you need to like children, to want the very best for them and be prepared to put their needs first. You recognise the importance of educating the whole child – including all learners – and achieving high standards, within a creative, broad and innovative curriculum.
In return we offer a positive working environment, with supportive colleagues and regular opportunities for professional development and training.
*Given the importance of teaching experience at A-Level, we regret that we are not able to consider applications from NQTs.