Somervale SchoolBath and North East Somerset
Contract type: Part Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
Start date: January 2020
Suitable for NQTs: Yes
Required from January 2020
Teacher of Key Stage 3 Humanities with a specialism of Philosophy and Belief
Part Time 0.6, Fixed Term Contract until July 2021
Applications from good NQTs also welcomed
Somervale is a Media Arts College working as part of the Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership, a multi-academy trust consisting of 7 Secondary Schools and 16 Primary Schools. The trust schools have over 8,000 students on roll. This is an exciting time to be joining the school. Our exam results have risen for the 3rd year running, 1st school in BANES for student progress and a ‘good’ judgement from Ofsted (November 2016). We are a small school by design with a roll of 545 students, allowing for a more personalised approach to teaching and learning. Post 16 students are taught as part of the Midsomer Norton Sixth Form (400 on roll) with lessons being taught at both Somervale and Norton Hill. The school offers BTEC, GCSE and A Level courses.
The Humanities team is committed to inspiring a love of all our subjects and achieving excellent outcomes for all our students. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic teacher of Humanities to join our strong team within the Somervale Humanities faculty. We have 4 departments within the faculty as each topic is taught discreetly across all key stages; Geography, History, Philosophy and Belief and Travel and Tourism. We have heads of department for each subject and a head of faculty. The faculty is very popular within the school and as a result we are now ready to grow in size. We are looking for the right person to teach within the faculty at KS3 but also teach Philosophy and Belief up to year KS4. Currently the position is a fixed term position but this role may be made permanent for the next academic year.
Somervale School serves Midsomer Norton, Radstock and the surrounding rural area where there is an abundance of attractive and affordable housing. The school is on the edge of the Mendips but close to both Bath and Wells so is in a fantastic area for any Humanities subject specialist.
- Be committed to exceptional standards of teaching and learning
- Be able to motivate, challenge and inspire students to achieve their best
- Be able to establish and develop outstanding relationships with students and staff
- Be a team player able to contribute to key leadership decisions
- Contribute to our core vision and values
We can offer you:
- A forward looking and innovative school
- A school with outstanding behaviour and safety for all
- Good facilities for teaching and learning
- Leading edge professional development support to improve your practice including NCSL accredited training
- A school where care, guidance and support are central to ensuring students make outstanding progress
- A school where learning is really personalised
Closing date for Vacancy: Midday on Monday 30th November 2020
Provisional date for Interview: Week Commencing 7th December 2020
Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.