Teacher of KS4 Science and Maths
CATS College London is a co-educational independent day and boarding school serving international students aged 14+. The College specialises in preparing students for pre-university exams, including I/GCSEs, A Levels and the University Foundation Programme (UFP). There are approximately two hundred and fifty students on roll, class size average is nine, and students take part in an extensive range of extra-curricular activities including leadership awards and national/international competitions. The College is a member of the Independent Schools Association (ISA) and inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) and was most recently (May 2019) rated "Good". It is located in Bloomsbury Square at the heart of London and counts among its neighbours some of the world’s greatest centres of education, art, fashion and finance.
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional who is able to plan, prepare and teach engaging Science and Maths lessons (at KS4, including GCSE). These lessons will enthuse and inspire students, promote life-long learning skills through the effective use of pedagogy and take into account the individual learning needs of our students: the ability to differentiate your teaching and manage varying abilities must be exceptional.
Applications are encouraged from:
- Experienced qualified teachers (holding QTS) with a proven track record of outstanding teaching and those who are seeking their first appointment (as an NQT)
- Teachers who are passionate about their subject and working with young people in an international boarding school environment
- Those who bring fresh ideas, who are kind and compassionate, and work hard to realise excellent progress and student outcomes
It would advantage your application if you:
- Have experience of delivering all Sciences and Maths at KS4 (GCSE), and any Science or Maths to KS5 (A Level)
- Have experience of working in a British-curriculum international school or FE college
- Have experience of working in a boarding school or as a Personal Tutor to a group of students
- Have experience of working in diverse multinational environments spanning differing linguistic and cultural needs
In return, we can offer you:
- A vibrant working environment focused on student outcomes and university entrance
- An opportunity to grow your teaching practice within a committed leadership and teaching team
- An attractive salary
- Excellent professional development opportunities- There is a possible leadership responsibility for this role for the appropriate candidate
Employees of the College have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. As such, appointment is subject to satisfactory references, enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and, where applicable, any international equivalent. The College is a member of the Independent Schools Association (ISA) and inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI).
Applications completed on the downloadable form must be returned via the TES website and addressed to the Director of Studies before 12noon on Monday 14th October. The College may contact you about interviews immediately after applications have been received.