Graham School is a large, friendly and caring community school located on the coast of Scarborough, North Yorkshire. We provide a vibrant learning environment where all students are presented with stimulating challenges to awaken their curiosity and imagination.
Our vision is simple, yet clear: “To support every student to achieve their full learning potential and thereby transform the life chances of our students”. We have made significant headway on improving standards and delivering on this vision in order to work towards our goal of becoming a centre of excellence.
Graham School was removed from Special Measures last year as Ofsted identified and praised leadership and improving teaching and assessment. The school continues to improve so this is a fantastic time to join the school on its journey to become outstanding and be part of a positive culture and ethos that will ensure excellent outcomes for all students.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivational Teacher of Literacy/English who understands effective student learning through challenging, high quality and exciting teaching methods. We are looking for someone who has a specific strength and passion for the development of literacy to support students to make exceptional progress and to ‘catch-up’ in Key Stage 3 so that they can fully access the curriculum and be successful in their GCSE studies.
We are looking for a colleague who:
- Has a high level of expertise in developing Literacy with a track record in raising standards
- Is a good/outstanding English practitioner
- Is committed to team work at all levels
- Can contribute creatively and knowledgeably to develop/evaluate schemes for learning
- Is able to assess students’ work effectively and within whole school and department guidelines
- Is able to set and assess purposeful home learning which extends/reinforces students’ learning
- A highly skilled, committed, and supportive team
- CPD opportunities within a school who recognize and develop the potential in all staff
- Up to £500 invested in your continuing professional development each year, for your first 3 years
- Liaison with post 16 provision in Scarborough to develop your knowledge of post 16 education
To have an informal, confidential discussion and to find out how to apply, please contact Kate Murphy at Hays Education on 0113 200 3710 or email@example.com. Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. These can be organised by contacting Hays Education.
The closing date for applications to be returned is 9am on Friday 9th December.
The school reserve the right to close this post early should a suitable candidate apply before the set closing date.
Graham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and all applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.