Position: Teacher of Literacy for Life
Apply by: Monday 14th October 2019
Salary: Teacher Pay Spine
Contract term: Full time
Job start: ASAP
Please contact Samantha Hibbs on 0121 729 7220
CORE Education Trust is inspired and guided by its four CORE values of Collaboration; Opportunity; Respect and Excellence. The Trust is led by some of Birmingham's leading education and business leaders.
Jewellery Quarter Academy (JQA) opened in 2014. It puts the education and learning experience of students at the heart of everything. As a result, it is a successful, growing, over-subscribed inner city school. For further information about our academy, please visit the website.
We are looking to appoint a Teacher for Literacy for Life (Teacher Pay Spine). We are seeking inspirational teachers from either secondary or Upper Key Stage 2 to fulfil this role.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to be part of a team delivering our Year 7 competency-based curriculum. Literacy for Life is a thematic curriculum taught for 17 hours with a single teacher in Year 7, 13 hours in Year 8 and 9 hours in Year 9. Each teacher is focused on the 25 students in their class, not just from an academic perspective but also getting to know the students and their families and forming a partnership which will really help students to progress.
This position requires:
• The ability to contribute to an enthusiastic and hardworking department
• The ability to consistently teach high quality lessons
• Confidence to be innovative and creative in the classroom
• The determination to drive rapid student progress across a full range of abilities
• A team player who wants to contribute to broader life at JQA
• Personal ambition and the desire to develop as a professional
• An excellent role model for our students
For an informal discussion and / or tour, please contact Samantha Hibbs at the Academy
The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
CORE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer