Part-time (0.47 FTE) parental leave replacement position - immediate start (negotiable) until 15 December, 2021
Campus: Yirramboi Campus, Keilor
Time Fraction: 0.47 FTE
Reports to: Head of Middle School, Head of Languages
Overnewton College strives to be a Lighthouse school for languages and cultural understanding. The successful applicant will teach LOTE: German to Years 7 and 8 classes.
• Teach classes, as allocated
• Undertake the customary share of supervisory duties
• Undertake other professional responsibilities as the College may reasonably require
The teacher we are seeking will have the following qualities:
• Enthusiasm for the ethos of the College, and a sense of excitement about learning for themselves as well as for their students
• Detailed knowledge of Australian Curriculum and VCE requirements as relevant to the position
• A passion for engaging every student and demonstrated ability to bring out the best in them
• Demonstrated expertise in teaching at relevant levels
• Excellent general teaching skills and student-centred conceptions of knowledge
• Strong understanding and appreciation of the social, relational, attitudinal, physical and cognitive development students at relevant year levels
• Skills in negotiating the curriculum, managing group work and catering for a wide range of interests, learning styles and abilities
• An ability to incorporate digital technologies as an integral part of curriculum
• Collaborative and proactive approaches to handling day to day matters
• Willingness to contribute to Assemblies and Chapel Services
Relevant Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Experience teaching middle years students will be highly valued.
• VIT Registration essential
Conditions of Employment
• All teachers will hold current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT).
• All Education Support Staff will hold a current Working with Children (WWC) Card.
• It is expected that all staff will support the Christian ethos of an Anglican school.
• Overnewton College is an equal opportunity employer and enforces non-discrimination and safe working policies. All staff must be aware of, and be able to work within, Occupational Health and Safety and Equal Employment Opportunity Legislation.
• Overnewton College’s campuses are smoke free.
• Overnewton College has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing child safety, children’s wellbeing and protecting children from abuse. Ministerial Order 870 requires Overnewton College to implement child safety standards and to accommodate and take the needs of all children (including but not limited to, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, children with disabilities and children who are vulnerable) into account when creating a Child Safe environment. All staff must comply with Overnewton College’s Child Safe policies and related policies and procedures and taking all reasonable steps to promote the safety of children.
All applicants are required to complete the appropriate application form. Applications for teaching positions which do not include evidence of registration or evidence of an application for registration with the Victorian Institute of Teachers (VIT) will not be considered.
Written applications addressing the key responsibilities and key qualities should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be acknowledged by email. If acknowledgement of your application has not been received after two working days, please contact Natalie Dedman (Ph: 9334 0115)
In the first instance, further enquiries about this position should be directed to the Head of Human Resources, Di Nunan (Ph: 9334 0147)
A preliminary short list of applicants will be prepared and first round interviews conducted by a panel. Details of employment conditions can be discussed with the Principal or delegate at final interview.
Applications will be processed on receipt
Overnewton Anglican Community College - Canowindra Campus