Teacher of Mathematics
To start April or September 2018
Inner London Pay Scale – MPS/UPS
We seek to appoint an exceptional Teacher of Mathematics who has a proven track record of good or outstanding classroom practice.
We are a World Class School, hold Beacon School status and work in effective partnership with several organisations including City in Excellence in Teaching and East London Teaching School Alliance. With state of the art buildings and facilities and a team of innovative, experienced and dedicated professional staff, Bishop Challoner is an exciting and supportive environment in which to work and develop your career.
Mathematics is a highly popular subject at the school, attracting high numbers at A Level. However, we are not complacent - working with a team of passionate and dedicated practitioners, you will contribute to the development of a department that aims to maintain an outstanding reputation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for exceptional teachers. You do not need to be a practising Catholic to apply.
We are looking for professionals with:
· Evidence of excellent classroom practice
· A track record of successful student outcomes at KS3, KS4 and KS5
· High expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
· The wiliness to support our Catholic Ethos
· An established and comprehensive induction programme
· A strong commitment to your professional development and career management - excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
· A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
· A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
· A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
If you have the passion and drive to contribute to the future development of the Mathematics Department at Bishop Challoner, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date: 26 January 2018 at 12 noon
Interviews: Week commencing 29 January 2018
You can also visit www.bishopchallonerfederation.towerhamlets.sch.uk for more information.
Our federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer.