We have a vacancy for September 2021 for an inspirational Maths teacher to join a thriving department with outstanding results at GCSE, AS and A Level. Large numbers of students study Maths and Further Maths at A Level, achieving consistently high results. The successful applicant will be able to deliver high quality teaching and learning, preferably to A Level, and have a clear focus on the achievement of young people. The post would be an excellent opportunity for an experienced teacher, equally we would welcome applications from NQTs.
The Knights Templar School is a successful 11–18 mixed comprehensive judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in its most recent inspection and committed to becoming outstanding.
We are looking for a Teacher who:
- Believes in young people.
- Is dynamic, innovative and inspirational in the classroom.
- Is keen to work alongside an established, highly motivated team.
- Is passionate about their subject.
- Ensures all students succeed and are able to achieve their maximum potential.
- Has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age range.
- Is committed to raising standards of attainment.
- Sets high expectations of themselves and their students.
In return we will offer you:
- NQTs at Knights Templar will receive full support in their induction year and will benefit from our outstanding coaching and mentoring programme.
- An excellent range of CPD opportunities for staff.
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
- Stability among teaching and support staff which brings both experience and commitment to our school community
- Supportive governing body and a senior leadership team that encourages a large degree of autonomy for middle leaders
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
- A community school in the pretty market town of Baldock, 33 miles north of London, within 30-40 minutes of both Cambridge and London by road or train.
- Extra-curricular sporting/musical facilities for staff
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Sports Centre Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers (subject to recent Government changes)
In September 2017, Ofsted graded the school as “good” and they commented that ‘You have high expectations for pupils, which permeate throughout the school and which have a positive impact on the progress pupils make from their different starting points.’
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 9am, Monday, 17th May
Interviews: w/c 17.5.21
The Knights Templar School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
“The Academy motto “Courage and Courtesy” is evident in the excellent relationships between all students and with adults.” (Ofsted)
Knights Templar School is a very successful school, sitting at the heart of the community in Baldock, Hertfordsh...