Somervale is a Media Arts College working as part of the Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership, a multi-academy trust consisting of 3 Secondary Schools (Somervale, Norton Hill and St Dunstan’s) and 6 Primary Schools (Clutton, High Littleton, Trinity, Dundry, Longvernal and Welton). The trust schools have a total of 3600 students on roll. This is an exciting time to be joining the school. Our exam results have risen for the 3rd year running, 2nd school in BANES for student progress and a recent ‘good’ judgement from Ofsted (November 2016). We are a small school by design with a roll of 500 students, allowing for a more personalised approach to teaching and learning. Post 16 students are taught as part of the Midsomer Norton Sixth Form (370 on roll) with lessons being taught at both Somervale and Norton Hill. The school offers BTEC, VCERT, GCSE and A Level courses. In 2016, 73% of students achieved A*- C and 78% made 3 levels of progress in Mathematics.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Mathematician to join our talented and hardworking team. You should be highly motivated, proactive and able to support all students, to achieve their potential. Our aim is to ensure students make the best possible progress and your teaching will be integral to this.
Somervale School serves Midsomer Norton, Radstock and the surrounding rural area where there is an abundance of attractive and affordable housing. The school is on the edge of the Mendips but close to both Bath and Wells.
· Be committed to exceptional standards of teaching and learning
· Be able to motivate, challenge and inspire students to achieve their best
· Be able to establish and develop outstanding relationships with students and staff
· Be a team player able to contribute to key leadership decisions
· Contribute to our core vision and values
We can offer you:
· A forward looking and innovative school
· A school with outstanding behaviour and safety for all
· Good facilities for teaching and learning
· Leading edge professional development support to improve your practice including NCSL accredited training
· A school where care, guidance and support are central to ensuring students make outstanding progress
· A school where learning is really personalised
· The benefit of close collaboration between the secondary maths leads and strategic support and oversight from the Head of Maths at Norton Hill School
To download an application pack please visit our vacancies area on our website
Closing date: 09:00, Tuesday 25th April 2017
Provisional date for Interview: Tuesday 2nd May 2017
Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.