Located in the beautiful town of Tervuren, near the university city of Leuven, BSB is a not for profit, inclusive fee-paying international school with 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke curriculum with integrated learning themes that are inquiry based and skills driven. Whilst British-based, it is uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and multicultural student body. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC. BSB has outstanding facilities and is the only international school in Belgium to have its own 25m indoor swimming pool. With an excellent record of academic achievement, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe.
We are now seeking applications from suitably qualified teachers who can bring a real enthusiasm to the school. We are not just looking for talented teachers; we are seeking to appoint teachers who can make a wide contribution to the life of the school.
The department is looking for a well-qualified Mathematics graduate with the ability to teach Mathematics across the Secondary School age range (11-18) in both the A-Level and IB programmes. We expect applicants to have a suitable degree and teaching qualification. NQTs are welcome to apply and, if successful, will be given mentoring support, a reduced timetable and an initial one-year contract. We also would encourage experienced teachers with a background in the UK or in International Schools to apply to join our exceptional Mathematics team.
The successful applicant will:
- value strong relationships with students, colleagues and parents to create a climate for the highest standards of learning
- set the highest standards in terms of learning and teaching, getting the very best from students from all backgrounds and of all abilities;
- work closely with department colleagues in creating a sense of cohesion and collaborative spirit within the department and co-operate with colleagues in other departments and the Primary School;
- be attuned to current developments in teaching;
- be appreciative of students’ differing cultural and linguistic backgrounds;
- be actively involved in professional learning within the department, and across departments where opportunities arise, including after-school meetings, relevant courses and professional learning days;
- demonstrate the highest standards in terms of learning and teaching, being able to utilise Assessment for Learning and e-learning approaches;
- be willing and able to contribute wholeheartedly to the social and personal development of students and to the extra-curricular life of the school; and
- be willing to take an active part in school trips, both residential and day visits;
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Open mindedness and welcoming of otherness
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.
In return, we offer:
- A full-time, permanent contract
- Enthusiastic, happy and confident children who are proud of their school and love learning
- Outstanding facilities and resources
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Attractive salary - BSB Learning & Teaching scale – Band 4 representing a minimum of € 49.092 and maximum € 89.103 gross per year, depending on the years of relevant experience) and extra-legal benefits including hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers, free use of the BSB sport facilities and a relocation package.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 24 February.
Please note that only applications sent in using the application form on the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.
Long listed candidates will be contacted by Skype later in February.
Short listed candidates will be invited to interview at the school in early March and this process will include a sample lesson and opportunities to meet potential colleagues.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have not heard anything further from us by mid-March, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply, follow the instructions on https://www.britishschool.be/jobopportunities/
“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.” (with reference to the most recent KCSIE)