MPS Teacher of Mathematics – permanent, full time 1.0 FTE
Commencing: September 2018
Faculty: Maths / Reports to: Head of Maths Faculty
For the right candidate this appointment could also provide an opportunity for a paid responsibility in the Maths department.
Hove Park School and Sixth Form is an ambitious and innovative place to work. We strive to help young people enjoy successful lives by giving them an inspirational, academic and enriching education, with a strong emphasis on independent learning and harnessing new technology. Ofsted visited us in March 2017 and we strongly held our status as a ‘Good’ school. Our student body is multi lingual and drawn from a diverse community across Brighton and Hove. The Maths team are committed to enabling all students to become independent, life-long learners of maths. The job provides an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated teacher who is looking to join an ambitious, supportive department.
The successful candidate will be:
· Passionate about maths and able to inspire students
· Willing to explore and embrace innovative technology
· Able to demonstrate a creative approach in the classroom
· Committed to raising attainment in numeracy and literacy through maths
· Willing to promote and contribute to the full range of extra-curricular activities
· Keen to share and promote the school's vision of high standards and success for all Please note – this position is for a full time permanent 1.0 FTE post.
Deadline for applications: Monday 19th February 2018
Shortlisting: Tuesday 20th February 2018
Interview: During week beginning Monday 26th February 2018 (actual date tbc)
Hove Park School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please complete a Teacher Application Form using the Job Description / Person Specification on our vacancies page and return to email@example.com – these may be downloaded from our website: http://www.hovepark.org.uk/vacancies
Hove Park School & Sixth Form Centre, Nevill Campus, Nevill Road, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 7BN - Main Tel: 01273 295000/1 - Fax: 01273 295009