This is not a job for the faint hearted as we drive towards becoming an 'Outstanding' school.
We are a highly supportive school with strong subject and senior leadership to help you develop. We are looking for a highly ambitious, committed and dynamic professional to join our Maths department who is passionate about their subject, communicates well with young people and makes a positive impact on their learning. The Maths department comprises of 9 full-time Maths teachers and a curriculum leader. The job would suit either an NQT or a more experienced teacher and positions of responsibility within Maths can be offered to the best candidate. The post has arisen due to the xpansion of the school and the need to expand the existing provision. The planned expansion of the school will also provide opportunities for professional development as staff begin to take on responsibility within their department or across the school.
We will offer you:
• Results above the national average across the school and well above average progress for Maths
• A well-resourced department with strong SLT line management
• Personalised, supportive CPD
• Support so that you can flourish and be the best you can possibly be, whichever stage in your career
• Strong collegiate atmosphere
• Supportive and thorough induction programme for new staff and NQTs
• A primary school with discounted nursery provision for staff
• Outstanding specialist IT facilities in all rooms
• 5 minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes)
• State of the art gym available for staff use
The Academy is at an exciting stage of development with a highly experienced Executive Principal. In Ofsted's visit, January 2019, the school was judged 'Good' in all areas for the first time in the academy's history.
Quotations from the recent Ofsted visit January 2019:
• "The executive principal's inspirational leadership has enabled a rapid improvement across all areas of the academy".
• "Outcomes have improved because of strong subject leadership".
• "The behaviour of pupils is good. There is an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect across the school. Pupils' conduct is calm and orderly".
• "Staff morale is high. they believe that leaders and governors take staff members' wellbeing and workload into account and they feel well supported by the school".
• "Staff new to the school feel very well supported by their more experienced colleagues and the packages of training and support on offer".
• "Comprehensive induction and training programmes offered by senior leaders and the link advisor ensure that they very quickly establish themselves in their posts".
• "Pupils show a well-developed understanding and tolerance for others who are different from them. Tolerance and diversity are promoted well at Aylesbury Vale Academy".
Consequently, results are now at the national average for the first time in the Academy's history with a Progress 8 score of 0.20.
The successful applicant will have a passion about learning, have strong inter-personal skills, be resilient, be an excellent teacher and have excellent subject knoweldge relative to their experience.
The school is improving at a rapid pace and this is a career defining opportunity for those who can play a pivotal role in enhancing the life chances of children and young people. The academy, sponsored by the Diocese of Oxford, moved into new purpose built accommodation in September 2013 and is benefitting from state of the art facilities and teaching. Situated on the new Berryfields housing development, the Academy (including the primary phase) is set to increase its roll in the next few years. There are curerntly 1431 students on role including over 400 in the primary phase.
For further information contact, Mrs E Perrin, EA to the Executive Principal at email@example.com or click on the Apply Now button.
Applicants should note that the school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure Check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).