Would you like to work for a Maths faculty which:
- is within commuting distance of Birmingham, Nottingham and Derby, located in the National Forest and a short distance from the Peak District National Park.
- has strong local networks with universities and other maths departments
- bases teaching methods around the principles of Rosenshine
- has a sensible feedback policy based around “live” discussions
- is in the top 10% of Hegarty users for home practice (over 1500 schools)
- is a leader in the field of “maths anxiety” research
- will achieve a maths positive P8 for a fourth consecutive year in 2020
- has a maths team who are friendly, supportive and well established.
- new staff are supported through our bespoke induction programme
We seek a qualified, dynamic and enthusiastic Teacher of Mathematics who has the capacity to consistently deliver good or better lessons. You will have a passion for maths that will enthuse, engage and motivate our students. You will be expected to play a key role in the development and delivery of successful KS4 exam results, as well as ensuring that all students make progress across National Curriculum Maths.
All KS4 students are entered for Mathematics at GCSE with the option of the additional AQA Certificate in Further Maths. Across Key Stage 5, we run A Level Maths and AS Further Maths.
Classes are taught in sets across Key Stages 3 & 4. A number of lessons at Key Stage 3 also involve working with the school’s own farm and falconry centre, which promotes the engagement of our students. The ability to nurture a love of mathematics within our students is at the centre of the department’s ethos.
Applications from experienced colleagues and/or Newly Qualified Teachers are equally welcome. We have a supportive staff induction programme which caters for all levels of prior expertise and experience as we believe that development of staff is a key aspect in raising attainment for our students.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
How to apply:
Application forms and further details are available on the website, please visit https://www.paget.staffs.sch.uk/information/vacancies
These can also be requested by telephone, fax or email.
We hope you are inspired to seek further details. For queries please contact Andy Grady, Head of Mathematics
Please note that applications must be received by the school no later than 2 pm on Monday, 24th February 2020