We seek an experienced, flexible and well-qualified Teacher of Mathematics for January 2020 or sooner, if available. The successful candidate will be expected to play an important role in the teaching of curriculum Mathematics and play an active role in whole-school curriculum development. Previous experience of teaching Mathematics within the National Curriculum for England is desirable. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the co-curricular programme.
The successful candidate will be expected to support the development of the subject and will:
● be a graduate in Mathematics or a related subject and with qualified teacher status;
● be able to demonstrate excellent practice for teaching and learning;
● be an enthusiastic and innovative teacher with a genuine love of the subject, who can motivate and inspire students using a wide range of teaching strategies;
● include Assessment for Learning as an integral part of classroom practice;
● be expected to teach Mathematics across the age range, stretching the very brightest pupils and supporting the weaker students;
● be able to work as a member of a team and to contribute to the further development of the subject;
● be committed to her/his own professional development;
● involve herself/himself fully in the School’s co-curricular programme.
To comply with Egyptian employment law, applicants must have a MINIMUM of three years teaching experience post-teaching qualification.
The British International School, Cairo (BISC) operates its own teaching scale, which mirrors that in the UK, and is related to teaching experience. All salaries are paid in Pounds Sterling and are tax free meaning you can expect to take home 20-30% more than you would in the UK. The minimum salary for a teacher with three years’ experience is currently £33,200, while the basic salary of the majority of staff is £38,300. In addition all teachers appointed from outside Egypt on an overseas contract benefit from rent-free, furnished accommodation, private medical insurance, annual return travel to the UK, and generous fee remission for school-aged children (100% for the first two children, 50% for each additional child).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by completing the online application form on the TES website. In addition please upload a letter of application (addressed to the Principal - Mr. Graeme Keslake) as a pdf document. Please indicate when you would be available.
Applications must include the contact details for at least two professional referees one of whom should be your current employer.
Completed applications should be submitted electronically via ‘Apply Now’ on TES Online. The deadline for receipt of applications is 12.00 p.m. GMT on 30th September 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview in London, Cairo or via Skype.
Early applications are encouraged as the school reserves the right to make an appointment early if suitably qualified candidates apply.
● have at least three years’ teaching experience preferably in a British-curriculum school;
● hold Qualified Teacher Status or its equivalent.
● hold meet our CHILD PROTECTION and SAFEGUARDING requirements in full
Employer: The British International School, Cairo (BISC)
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Contract type: Full time
Start date: 1st January 2020 or sooner if available
Contract term: Until the end of the 2020-2021 academic year, renewable
Closing date: 30th September 2019
The British International School, Cairo is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young
people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure
of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place
which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school.