We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Teacher of Mathematics for September 2018.
Sawtry Village Academy is part of the successful and expanding Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust (CMAT), offers opportunities to become part of a team of staff who are making a real difference to the students they teach. Sawtry is an expanding village with excellent transport links to North and South Cambridgeshire via the A1.
Following a restructure within the Mathematics department, we are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Mathematics teacher who is able to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and a genuine enthusiasm for working with young people. The successful candidate will join a stable, well-resourced and very successful Mathematics department offering a broad range of courses at both pre and post 16. The post would suit either a newly qualified teacher or an experienced practitioner. A TLR is available for the right candidate, which includes an opportunity to coordinate Key Stage 3 or Lead Teacher within the department (TLR range from £2,667 to £4,442 per annum).
We are keen to attract the right candidates and will be prepared to offer recruitment and retention allowances. CMAT supports teachers to access the National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) for Middle Leaders (NPQML) and Senior Leaders (NPQSL). We are able to offer this excellent professional development opportunity for those interested. In addition, NQTs are supported by specialist mentors and can expect a reduced teaching load of 60%.
Sawtry Village Academy was inspected by Ofsted (January 2018) which graded the Academy GOOD across all measurable categories with an OUTSTANDING Post-16 provision. In 2017 we were ranked 7th in Cambridgeshire for student progress at KS4; we are ranked 1st in Huntingdonshire for these results. Our buildings are undergoing a long term programme of refurbishment which has commenced with the construction of a £3 million classroom block. Mathematics will be located within this new block from September 2019.
CMAT is a success story that continues to grow and part of our success is down to our ability to Recruit, Develop and Retain the very best teachers. It is also driven by our ability to adapt to the changing educational landscape led by determined staff who bring our academies alive with their enthusiastic personalities, unshakeable work ethic and their commitment to delivering exceptional learning experiences for our children. What makes Sawtry Village Academy, and the Trust as a whole, different is that we know how to nurture and bring out the very best in our talented staff.
What we can offer you:
- a philosophy of 100% achievement and inclusion
- a commitment to extending the boundaries of learning enabling all young people to become well- rounded individuals
- a purposeful and caring learning environment, where every individual is known, valued and supported
- motivated and engaged students, and ambitious, dedicated and professional staff
- a commitment to leadership, innovation, staff progression - we are passionate about retaining good teachers - and partnership working, as part of our Teaching School status and within our family of schools.
- Experienced mentors are available to support NQTs through their induction year.
You will be:
- an outstanding Teacher of Mathematics
- able to build effective working relationships with students and staff
- able to provide stimulating and engaging experiences for our children, challenging them to achieve beyond their expectations and supporting them to become lifelong learners
- willing and committed to developing and sharing outstanding teaching practice
- able to work in partnership with children, parents, staff, governors and the wider community.
This is an exciting time to join Sawtry Village Academy as we continue our journey as part of a vibrant and forward-thinking Trust. To apply, please visit www.sawtryva.org (Contact us - Interested in working with us section). If you would like to discuss further details about these roles, please contact David Bridgeman, Assistant Principal.
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th May 2018, 12noon.
Interviews will be held week commencing 21st May 2018.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.