Teacher of Maths
MPS/UPS Full time
Start Date 1st January 2020
Are you Hip Humble, Intuitive and Passionate?
Here at Abbey College, we are keen to employ the ideal team player who aspires to be HIP. If you want to be part of a supportive and vibrant team love Maths, have a presence, and are an enthusiastic and dynamic teacher with a Maths related degree, our school is perfect for you.
We have a supportive Senior Leadership Team and all staff here are truly fantastic. We will invest in making you a great teacher and our leading-edge professional development makes this a very exciting time to join our school. Our College vision is to 'raise aspirations and challenge mindsets' . We strive to provide equal learning opportunities within a broad and balanced curriculum for all students regardless of ability, background or culture.
Abbey College is a secondary school with Academy status set in Ramsey, Cambridgeshire, just 20 minuted from Peterborough and 40 minutes from Cambridge. It was established in 2006 following the merger of a middle and upper school in town and it occupies the same stunning beautiful historic grounds dating back to 1656.
• Good or outstanding classroom skills
• Ability to create effective lesson plans
• Ability to use assessment to inform planning for good teaching and learning
• Experience or desire to be involved in a curriculum initiative
• Ability to differentiate materials to meet the needs of learners
• Experience or desire to raise standards of achievements
• Willingness to continue to develop own expertise
• Ability to build good relationships with students and colleagues
• Be well organized and able to obtain accurate records
• Ability to use ICT effectively to engage students
Closing Date: 9 am 23rd September 2019
For an informal discussion or visit in the first instance please contact Dr Janet Oswell at Abbey College email@example.com
Abbey college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be require to undertake an enhanced Disclosure via the DBS which meets requirements of the College and deviance of the right to work in the UK.