We are looking for an enthusiastic and versatile team player to join our highly successful Mathematics department from September 2018. Full and part-time applications will be considered.
Applications are welcome from NQTs. The School offers an excellent NQT induction programme.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Mathematics department is a leading example of excellence in Mathematics teaching. Take up at A-Level is strong. St Marylebone’s Maths Hub status grew out of this success; the Maths Hub runs a number of Maths CPD courses across its alliance in primary and secondary, is piloting Core Maths and the department is actively involved in Shanghai Maths. St Marylebone Maths teachers therefore have the opportunity to participate in nationally-influential projects and CPD.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
- Founded in 1791, The St Marylebone CE School is an outstanding, oversubscribed Church of England girls’ school with a mixed sixth form, serving students of all faiths or no faith.
- Successively rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted, the School is one of the best performing non-selective state schools nationally.
- The School is situated in the heart of central London, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street on the tranquil Marylebone High Street, with Regent’s Park just moments away. We are close to excellent transport links (Regent’s Park and Baker Street are both a two-minute walk away).
- We are the Lead School in the St Marylebone Teaching School Alliance and have 21 SLEs on the teaching staff.
- There are around 100 members of teaching staff and the School nurtures and develops staff in-house. 74% of teaching staff have been internally promoted since starting at the School.
- Qualified to degree level
- Qualified Teacher Status in a relevant subject
- Successful experience of teaching Mathematics at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
- Evidence of at least good teaching leading to high attainment and progress
- Evidence of relevant subject-based CPD
- Understanding of the use of assessment to inform planning and improve student performance
- Ability to set consistently high expectations for all students through class work, homework and enrichment
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise effectively
- Enthusiasm, drive and love of learning
- Flexibility, adaptability and creativity
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an application form. Application forms are available to download from the School’s website:
As part of the form you will need to complete a supporting statement (no more than 2 sides of A4), in order to demonstrate your suitability for the post.
Please return your completed application form via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: by 9:00am on Tuesday 22nd May 2018
Interviews: Thursday 24th May 2018
Start date: September 2018
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).