Number on roll 1382 (with 203 in the Sixth Form)
TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS
Main Professional Scale
Full Time – Permanent
Required for: September 2022
Cardinal Newman is a popular 11-18 Catholic School and Specialist Arts College, set in the pleasant outskirts of Coventry. The school has an excellent reputation, built on strong, long-standing relationships with the local community and beyond.
We are looking to recruit a dedicated, hardworking and enthusiastic teacher of Mathematics to join our experienced and friendly department. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong commitment to the delivery of high-quality teaching and learning, as well as the ability to work as part of a team.
You would have the opportunity to teach across the age and ability range and to contribute to further improving on our last set of exam results - 76% 4+ in GCSE Mathematics. As a department, our ultimate goal is to ensure that all of our students are successful and achieve the best results they can. Our department is passionate about motivating students and improving outcomes year on year, so the successful candidate should have the energy and enthusiasm to be an active member of our team.
We are extremely proud of our successes and are determined to continue to improve in meeting the needs of our students. We are an overstaffed department who thrive on working collectively to develop our teaching and learning with a number of highly-skilled practitioners within the department.
This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or an ECT about to embark on their teaching career.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the capacity to teach Mathematics across all ages and ability ranges.
- Have excellent subject knowledge and be able to deliver an engaging curriculum.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, energy and passion for their subject.
- Have fantastic classroom management and organisation.
- Willing to work as part of a very successful, supportive and friendly team.
- Promote the Catholic ethos of the school.
Cardinal Newman School can offer:
- A well-motivated body of students.
- A friendly, enthusiastic and supportive staff.
- CPD programmes to support and develop teachers particularly for ECTs.
- A thorough induction programme with support from the department and across the school, as well as working closely with our SLEs and Key stage coordinators throughout your career with us.
- A vibrant programme of extra-curricular activities, which broaden the experience of our students.
- A caring ethos with strong international links and a commitment to actively supporting global charity and fundraising projects.
Completed application forms should be sent to Suzanne Harris, Headteacher’s PA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandpits Lane, Keresley, Coventry, CV6 2FR, Tel: 024 7633 2382
Closing date for applications: 9.00am on Monday 13 December 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
LEADERSHIP TEAM AND GOVERNORS
- Ms O'Connor
- Ms Goodwin
- Ms Green
- Mr Courtney
- Mr Versey
- Mr Williams
- Mrs Perkins
- Mr McDonnell
- Mrs Taylor-Farren