Teacher of Mathematics.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary academy, based in Doncaster. The school is looking to add a Teacher of Mathematics to its progressive and supportive Maths Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of Mathematics at KS3, GCSE and ideally A-level. You will support the Head of Maths to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“We are a vibrant 11-18 Academy with 1074 students on roll, including 72 at Post 16. We benefit from a new building which opened in November 2016 enabling our students and staff to use state of the art facilities. We serve a significantly deprived community with 42% of students being pupil premium and 38% being in the bottom 10% for deprivation. Despite these challenges, you will find the school's students to be polite and engaged with learning.
As a community we embrace all opportunities and strive to support and challenge each other. We have a comprehensive professional development calendar which is tailored specifically to meet the current needs. Staff enjoy the leadership opportunities found within our ‘DEEPs’ model and are able to gain experiences of roles across the Academy from Aspiring Leaders to Associate Assistant Principals."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Mathematics Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Mathematics up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1423123 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1423123 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...