Preston Lodge High School is a non-denominational secondary school serving the communities of Cockenzie, Port Seton, Longniddry and Prestonpans. Our roll is currently 943, and the school is easily commutable from Edinburgh. In June 2010 we were inspected and the particular strengths of the school were found to be:
- The high morale and improving ethos of the school community
- The contributions of young people to improvements in the climate for learning
- The work of staff across the school in supporting young people’s learning
- The strong leadership of the Head teacher on school improvement.
Since then, our motivated staff, students, parents and the community we serve have worked hard to further improve all aspects of our school.
Teaching relevant subject through S1-S6.
Subject to the policies of the school and the education authority the duties of teachers, promoted and unpromoted, are to perform such tasks as the Head Teacher shall direct having reasonable regard to overall teacher workload related to the following categories-
- Teaching assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction
- Developing the school curriculum
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the work of pupils
- Preparing pupils for examinations and assisting with their administration
- Providing advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education
- Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils
- Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals
- Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development
- Participating in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review
- Contributing towards good order and the wider needs of the school
We will also give consideration to those wishing to work part time hours.
Closing date: 11/11/2018
Preston Lodge High School, Park View, Prestonpans