Aylward AcademyEdmonton, London
Salary: £28,355 - £44,541 per annum
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: September 2020
Suitable for NQTs: Yes
£28,355 - £44,541 per annum
We warmly welcome applications from both NQTs and more experienced practitioners!
Inspire their remarkable with us
In line with the Government’s announcement, our academy is operating on a rota basis to allow those children of workers critical to the COVID-19 response the opportunity to attend. However, during this period it is our intention to continue with essential recruitment for key positions starting in September 2020. We want to reassure applicants that effective measures will be implemented to ensure their health and wellbeing and in most cases we will use a virtual recruitment process.
Thank you for your cooperation during this difficult time.
Aylward Academy is an inclusive 11-19 community school and proud to serve the communities around Enfield. Over the last 4 years our school has been transformed and we are looking forward to continued success.
If you’re an outstanding, enthusiastic and ambitious Teacher of Mathematics with QTS who can teach at KS3/KS4 and across all ability ranges, and thinking about your next career move, please get in touch. Due to rising pupil numbers, we are currently looking to fill three positions within the Maths department. We are looking for teachers who can demonstrate high standards of delivery in a consistent manner and be committed to improving achievement across all key stages. We warmly welcome applications from both newly qualified teachers and also more experienced practitioners.
We can offer you:
- The CPD at Aylward is excellent, there is a wide range of personalised opportunities to develop your practice and further develop your career. As a team we support and challenge each other through meetings, peer observation, mentoring and team planning.
- Opportunities to join a career development programme in line with your professional development – ie Ambition School Leadership, Transforming Teacher programme, Tailored Support Programme
- An extremely diverse and engaging student body; working at Aylward will prepare you for any London school and is an exciting challenge for those who’re looking to teach a vibrant multicultural mix of all abilities
- Friendly and supportive SLT - the door is always open to speak freely to senior leaders and you will be warmly received from your very first day
What you can offer us:
- The ability to engage a team of colleagues, inspire trust, and implement the right strategies within your classroom to ensure sustained progress across the subject
- Be committed to continuous improvement and development of both your students, yourself and the department
- Commitment to engage with and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
AET can offer:
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Monday 06 April 2020
Interviews will commence shortly after the closing date.
Please note that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. To apply please click the ‘Quick Apply’ button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
More about Aylward Academy
Type: Mainstream School
Funding status: State - Academy
Age Range: 11 - 19 years
Address: Windmill Road, Edmonton, London, N18 1NB, United KingdomView in Google Maps
Telephone: +44 20 8803 1738
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Thank you for your interest and welcome to Aylward Academy, an 11-19 school with enormous potential with the students, ambition and the potential to b...