Do you want to work in a school where students and parents have a real passion for maths?
Then join the school that taught maths whizz Bobby Seagull.
At St Bon's we look after our staff and help them to become the very best teachers and reach their potential.
The aim of the Mathematics Department is to ensure that students are:
- Taught the mathematical skills and methods necessary to function as independent members of society;
- Able to read, write and verbalise their mathematical knowledge to transfer their skills into other subjects;
- Able to enjoy the subject, whilst learning in an environment that is safe, structured and creative;
- Challenged to an appropriate level so that all students achieve their full potential.
The maths team teaches the full range of ability for pupils aged 11 to 18. We follow the National Curriculum for mathematics and students sit the EdExcel exams at GCSE and A-level.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified teacher who has a passion for maths, can teach creatively and can inspire pupils on a daily basis.
We expect that you will have evidence of excellent classroom practice and high expectations of pupil attainment.
St Bonaventure’s is a popular provider of education within the London Borough of Newham and we are oversubscribed.
We have a long and distinguished history of educating boys’, aged 11-16, in the East End of London.
St Bon's is recognised by the DfE, Ofsted and NCTL for our investment in improving student life chances and the development of our staff.
We have a large and exciting culturally and religiously diverse co-educational 6th Form.
We believe that our students have an entitlement to the very best education, with high expectations for all in our community.
- An opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic, inspired and motivated team where staff genuinely feel valued and cared for.
- A minimum of 20% PPA for all teaching staff.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- We will encourage you to provide CPD to others; within our school, our borough, our diocese and beyond.
- A relocation package for the right applicant.
- A school with outstanding teaching and learning, where all our staff and the wider community feel proud to be associated with.
- A curriculum where personalised learning is at the heart.
We may call applicants for an interview before the deadline date if we are especially interested in their application.