TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS
Main Teaching Pay Scale
& TLR available for the right candidate
Required: Easter 2018 or as soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint an inspiring and enthusiastic Teacher of Mathematics. Although paid at MPS a TLR may be available for a candidate with the appropriate experience. Key to this role will be a passion for leading, modelling and promoting excellence, contributing to academy and Trust improvement.
The West Grantham Academy St Hugh’s encourage our students to develop and grow as people during their time with us. As a small Church of England Academy, we get to know our students extremely well and many people comment on the family atmosphere when visiting us. Much of this can be attributed to our ethos, which is driven by our values of creativity, responsibility and wisdom. Our vision includes the development of the use of technology in learning. We are a 1:1 iPad learning environment and all staff are provided with and iPad Pro, Apple pencil and Apple TV for teaching.
The Academy is conveniently located close to the A1 and benefits from excellent road and rail links.
If you are looking for an opportunity to teach mathematics, are well-organised, creative and want to play a key role in the future development of St Hugh’s, we want to hear from you.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to drive continuous improvement in teaching and learning within the subject, raising standards of achievement;
- Be an outstanding classroom teacher who can inspire and excite students about their learning in all aspects of mathematics;
- Contribute to an engaging learning atmosphere within the department for both students and staff;
- Have a thorough understanding of the changes in the mathematics curriculum;
- Be confident in using and interpreting data tracking;
- Be able to effectively communicate with students, parents and staff.
- An opportunity to make a difference in an Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork and supportive staff;
- An opportunity to lead change and develop creativity in learning and teaching;
- 1:1 iPad learning for all students, with access to a full range of IT support;
- Support from an enthusiastic leadership team, who are passionate about raising standards of achievement for all students;
- The opportunity to lead on aspects of teaching and learning across the trust;
- Support from an enthusiastic leadership team, who are passionate about raising standards of achievement for all students.
Visits to the academy are most welcome – please contact Karen Hann to arrange an appointment on 01476 579808.
More information and application forms are available on our website:
For any further information please contact Karen Hann by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept CV’s as a form of application.
Closing Date: 24 November 2017
Interview Date: 5 December 2017
If you have not heard from us by 11 December 2017 please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
The West Grantham Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)