Our outstanding Mathematics faculty comprises eight full time Maths specialist teachers, who constantly strive to uphold the high expectations they have set, ensuring all students reach their full potential. Staff are committed to ensuring a smooth transition for our children and have excellent links with local primary schools, running weekly master class sessions for primary pupils at Leventhorpe. At Key Stage 5, there is a strong uptake for both Maths and Further Maths and the teaching of these lessons is shared fairly amongst the faculty. This is a great career opportunity for an individual looking to further develop their skill set in curriculum development.
Leventhorpe is a Business and Enterprise Academy that in 2012 was judged by Ofsted as “Outstanding in all 5 categories”. In June 2012 we were awarded National Support School status and we jointly lead the local Teaching School Alliance, Catalyst. This facilitates outstanding career development opportunities as many of our staff have the opportunity to take part in school to school outreach and partnership work.
The successful candidate will:
· have a passion for teaching and learning
· have excellent subject knowledge
· be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
· have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students
· be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress.
In return Leventhorpe can provide:
· excellent facilities. In recent years Leventhorpe has experienced an intensive capital build programme, including most recently a £6 million new sports complex (sports hall, fitness suite, dance studio, all weather pitch and floodlit tennis courts), £1 million Learning Resource Centre, re-modelling of Design & Technology facilities, £150k annual investment in ICT provision
· a positive working environment in a heavily oversubscribed school with an excellent academic record and high standards. We place strong emphasis on student learning and achievement
· exceptionally dedicated colleagues and enthusiastic students
· priority admission for children of staff after a qualifying period
· first rate personal career development with high local and regional profile through our National Support School status and Teaching School work
· subsidised Nuffield fitness gym membership
Leventhorpe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for all successful applicants.
We would welcome applications from NQTs or experienced teachers. Please apply to The HR Manager by letter and application form which can be found on our website.
Applications can be sent by post, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 12.00 noon, Monday 22nd May 2017. Interviews will take Thursday 25th May 2017.
Applications will also be considered for the School Direct Training Programme (salaried). This is an employment-based route for high quality experienced graduates with at least three years’ work experience who do not hold a teaching qualification but to whom we could offer training.