An opportunity has arisen for a successful classroom practitioner who can teach Mathematics to GCSE and A Level to join the department as a full time Teacher of Mathematics from September 2020.
An Outstanding Opportunity
Hitchin Girls’ School is a successful 11 – 18, friendly, over-subscribed, all ability Academy school rated Outstanding by Ofsted.
With 1150 students on roll, including a Sixth Form of 270, we are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about education to join us at an exciting time in the development of the school, with an increase in admission numbers from September 2018 onwards.
In 2019 at A level, students achieved outstanding results across the whole grade range:
• 32.6% of the grades achieved by our students are A* and A grades
• 60.4% of the grades achieved by our students are A*, A or B
• 87.6% of the A level grades are A*-C
• 100% pass rate
• 2 students achieved 4 A levels, all at A* grades
• A further 2 students achieved 4 A levels, 2 at A*and 2 at A
• 5 students achieved 2 A* grades and 1 A grade
• In total 20 students gained A* or A grades in their examinations.
• 21.0% of results were a grade 8 and 9
• 7.9% of grades were a level 9
• 37.5% of student grades were A/7+
• 90.6% of student grades were a C/4+
• 64.9% of students achieved a strong pass, grade 5 or above, in English and Mathematics
• 25.7% students gained at least one grade 9 in their exams.
We can offer you:
· Excellent professional development and guidance, with a highly effective and supportive CPD programme. Courses include a full NQT programme delivered in conjunction with Herts for Learning, NQT +1 courses, Middle leader training, Aspiring Senior Leader course and NPQML and NPQSL courses. More details can be found at http://www.northhertsteachingalliance.org
· An opportunity to be part of our expanding Teaching Alliance, both delivering and receiving support with colleagues.
· Excellent induction, with staff wellbeing as a priority.
· Students who want to achieve their best and be involved in developing their learning.
· Sixth Form teaching as part of the Hitchin Post 16 consortium which includes the 3 secondary schools in the town.
· A school located in the heart of the market town of Hitchin, 30 miles north of London, surrounded by beautiful countryside. We are close to both the M1 and A1M motorways and a few minutes’ walk from the train station with a fast (30 minutes) service to Kings Cross and Cambridge.
· Alongside our impressive 1907 built main school building we have developed new facilities to support 21st century education. A dedicated Sixth Form Centre opened in 2014 containing classrooms and a large study area.
· A new sports centre opened in January 2018, comprising a four court sports hall, dance studio, fitness suite and classroom.
· Student numbers increased from September 2018, and to support this a brand new 10 classroom teaching block has just opened along with an additional science lab, expanded dining facilities and a new staff car park.
· As the lead school of the North Herts. Teaching Alliance, we are now working collaboratively with more than 12 local schools and this number continues to grow.
So, if you want to be part of a school that strives to be exceptional and provide an exceptional experience for all students and all staff, get in touch.
To apply, use the Apply Now button. Or contact the school on 01462 621300 for further information.
We reserve the right to close this application early if a suitable candidate is found.