Oak House School has a school population of 1000+ students. The successful candidate should be able to cater for English as an additional language as many of our students speak English as a second or third language. Furthermore, the successful candidate must be open and willing to undertake professional training and have a reflective attitude towards their own practice, striving for excellence in all aspects of their practice.
- BEd / BSc plus PGCE/QTS
- MEd or MA (desirable)
2 years teaching experience minimum
Experience of mixed-ability classrooms and EAL needs in mainstream classes
International experience (desirable)
Experience of teaching IGCSE/ IB courses (desirable)
Attitudes and Attributes:
- Flexible and adaptable
- Hard working and willing to do extra where required
- Strongly team-motivated
- Willing to differentiate effectively
- Committed to open dialogue with colleagues, pupils and parents
- Able to adjust to life in Spain
- Interested in learning Spanish
Contract and benefits:
- Full time permanent contract, with a four month trial period.
- Social Security paid, ensuring state medical cover
- Moving expenses of 1.000 gross paid at the end of the first payroll (overseas candidates and it is only one payment)
- Travel expenses up to a maximum of 250 euros-receipts required (overseas candidates).
- Assistant given if required with: finding accommodation; registering with a doctor; official paperwork; opening a bank account.
- 190 working days
- Christmas holidays 18-20 days
- Easter holidays: 10 days
- Summer Holidays : 30th June - 31st August
- Local, national or school’s free choice holidays: 12 days total
- Lunches provided free of charge
- Annual Gross Salary 32.606€ for starting in September 2018.
- If you are class tutor, the annual gross extra salary is 1.750€.
Other relevant information:
More information about our school www.oakhouseschool.com
Please apply (email@example.com) with a full letter of application, CV (including photograph) and the name of 2 referees to set e-mail subject “Mathematics Teacher”. The successful applicant will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau.