Working closely with the Lead Learner of Maths and the SLT Link to facilitate outstanding teaching and learning across the department, which meets the needs of all students and leads to excellent student outcomes. Whilst taking a strategic lead of an agreed whole school responsibility and supporting the Leadership Team to implement the schools vision and strategic aims.
Main Duties /Responsibilities
• To raise standards of Teaching and Learning across the department and the wider school, monitor progress towards agreed aims, in collaboration with the Lead Learner for Maths.
• To provide specialist subject expertise to assist departmental staff, including co-planning with colleagues and advising and training staff on positive behaviours for learning.
• To ensure high standards of Teaching and Learning in Maths and latterly across the school, through CPD, intervention and with the Lead Learner for Maths via the high quality curriculum and Schemes of work. This will include the production of high quality teaching and learning resources and materials for use across the department and School.
• To be accountable, alongside the Lead Learner of Maths for student progress and outcomes.
• Teach outstanding lessons, as a model of good practice within your area, engage with students to ensure that they all make exceptional progress. You will maintain an open door policy for other staff to see model practice.
• To lead, develop and enhance the teaching practice of others within your area across the School.
• To work alongside the Lead Learner for Maths to coach and mentor staff in order to develop their teaching.
• Observe lessons in Maths and across the School, feedback to teachers and set appropriate targets; and hold staff to account on these targets.
• Advise and train teachers on classroom management and organisation, lesson planning and appropriate pedagogy.
• Lead groups of CPD activities in area of expertise and evaluate outcomes.
• Support School priorities and targets for the faculty.
• To lead an area of whole school responsibility, develop a vision, create an action plan and build momentum around the achievement of the vision.
• To take on any additional duties as requested by the Headteacher, and appropriate to a member of staff on the Leadership scale.
The Teacher of Mathematics & Key Stage 5 Coordinator will have:
• The ability to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
• Appreciation of the significance of safeguarding and ability to interpret this accurately for all individual children and young people whatever their life circumstances.
• A good understanding of the safeguarding agenda and an ability to contribute towards a safe environment.