TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS / KEY STAGE CO-ORDINATOR
MPS/UPS (+ TLR 2a £2,721 p.a.)
PERMANENT – FROM SEPTEMBER 2019
The Joseph Rowntree School is a successful 11-18 mixed comprehensive school of over 1,200 students, with approximately 250 in the sixth form. Our school is set in extensive, attractive grounds and playing fields. We have the benefit of high quality facilities which support and challenge our learners in order for them to enjoy learning and make the most of their potential in a world of huge technological change.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, dynamic, ambitious and creative Key Stage Co-ordinator to join our thriving and committed Mathematics team from September 2019. The role will focus on all aspects of leading a Key Stage - from testing, settings and all data, to establishing effective interventions and proactive interactions with students and their parents, ensuring each student reaches their full potential. This will serve as an excellent stepping stone towards a Second in Maths or a Head of Maths post.
The successful candidate will be:
• Ambitious within their own career and in the success of their students.
• Intelligent and clear thinking with a broad and in-depth understanding of the importance of Maths within children’s learning and broader education.
• Relevant qualifications (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the specific appointment.
• Skilled in the use of ICT for teaching and learning.
• Committed to the broader education and social development of young people.
• A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the School and most importantly a difference to the lives of young people. This includes their educational and broader achievement, self-esteem and confidence, social wellbeing and future employability.
You will find us to the north of the historic city of York and we have an excellent learning environment and superb facilities.
The Joseph Rowntree School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from our website www.josephrowntree.co.uk. Please download the Applicant’s Guidance document – ‘How to Apply’.
Completed application forms should be addressed to Mrs Tracy Bussey, Headteacher’s PA at the school (email address: email@example.com)
Closing Date: Sunday 24th March 2019, at 12 midnight
Interview Date: Thursday 4th April 2019