Headteacher – Miss V Gowan
FULL TIME TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS MPS/UPS
Post starts September 2020 or earlier
An opportunity has arisen for a full time Teacher of Mathematics to join our dedicated and thriving mathematics department at Lord Derby Academy. The successful candidate must hold Qualified Teacher Status and is required to deliver mathematics to pupils across the ability range at both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
As a Teacher of Mathematics you will be part of a vibrant, dedicated and ambitious team, contributing to the rich cross-curricular life of the school. The ideal candidate will play a role in driving the school forward as we continue to accelerate progress in all key areas through our high standards and expectations.
Lord Derby Academy is able to offer:
• An opportunity to join a highly ambitious team of staff. “The morale, dedication and commitment of staff are contagious”. (Ofsted 2017)
• Access to high quality CPD in a school where “The support and training that staff receive are excellent”. (Ofsted 2017)
• A school teaching environment which sets high standards for both staff and pupils. “The reputation that this is a school that insists on the highest standards of behaviour is deserved”. (Ofsted 2017)
• A strong parental demand for the high standards of education at Lord Derby Academy. “This is now the school of choice for many parents and pupils”. (Ofsted 2019)
• A learning environment with high expectations and effective behavioural policies. “Pupils behave well in lessons. They respect their teachers and one another”. (Ofsted 2019)
• A supportive working environment with highly visible school leaders and consistent working practices throughout the school. “The atmosphere around the school is calm”. (External Review Oct 2019)
Staff at Lord Derby Academy hold high expectations for all pupils to raise attainment and achievement. Aspiration in all areas goes well beyond the norm, making Lord Derby Academy a particularly exciting and rewarding place to teach.
Lord Derby Academy opened on 1st February 2014 and is part of the Dean Trust which has a number of very high performing schools and a proven track record of sustained improvement. The Dean Trust’s core values include traditional academic education, excellent discipline and respect, resulting in improved attainment and progress. “Believe, Achieve, Succeed” has been embraced by all of the schools in The Dean Trust. We have proved the power of these words with praise in Ofsted inspections.
We are highly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS vetting procedures are required for all posts. Application forms and further information are available from Mrs J. Riley (HR and Operations Assistant) on 0151 477 8860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 12.00pm Monday 24th February 2020
Proposed interview date: Thursday 27th February 2020