Teacher of Mathematics
Required from September 2017
Addey and Stanhope is a small, high-achieving inner city school with a highly collegiate and aspirational mathematics department. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher of mathematics, an outstanding individual who will lead by example and support the department in achieving its ambitious targets for students’ progress. We encourage applications from teachers who have a passion for teaching mathematics and believe that all students can be successful.
Highly committed team of staff, dedicated to raising achievement and delivering exciting, engaging and relevant mathematics lessons. The department is very cohesive and aspirational, with a strong sense of collaborative responsibility.
- Small, high achieving, comprehensive with a strong sense of family as well as an academic purpose.
- Individual professional development programme tailored to your needs and career ambitions - excellent opportunities for progression.
- Located in a dynamic LA in an area of London undergoing rapid and exciting changes, with great train, tube, DLR and bus links.
We are looking for a teacher who is:
- Educated to a degree level, in Mathematics or a related subject.
- A talented and innovative classroom practitioner with high academic standards.
- Able to teach mathematics across all levels of ability across key-stages 3 and 4.
- Able to teach in a truly comprehensive environment.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Committed to the highest expectations of all students.
- Committed to developing as a teacher and contributing to the continued development of the department.
- Able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be subject to DBS checks.
Addey & Stanhope School follows Lewisham Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy
If you are interested in joining the Addey and Stanhope Mathematics department please contact Sophie Candy on 020 8305 6121 to arrange a telephone discussion.
Friday 26th May, 9am
No agencies please.