Are you passionate about getting children to understand Maths?
Do you enjoy breaking down learning barriers in subject often perceived as challenging?
Would you like to work in a forward thinking, vibrant Academy with a dynamic principal and SLT?
If you have answered yes to these questions, The Chalk Hills Academy would love to hear from you!
Due to maternity leave, The Chalk Hills Academy have a great opportunity for a self-motivated Teacher of Mathematics to join our wonderful Department. Maths is often a subject perceived as challenging, but studying abstract concepts like Algebra forces students to think in new ways, build new connections and understand problems in a way that may not have seen before. Therefore, we are looking for a passionate teacher that will break down those learning barriers and make Maths understandable for all students. We also have the opportunity to offer additional responsibilities for candidates wishing to develop and are willing to pay a recruitment and retention allowance for the right person who will drive attainment forward.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences to all students
- Be an aspirational professional who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the academy and its learners.
- Start date: February half term ideally but will consider other start dates
- Salary: MPS/UPS + Additional allowance
- Job Role: Full time
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
- £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
- Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
- Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
- We recruit for attitude and train for skills with excellent opportunities for career progression in a successful and expanding Academy
- All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
- Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
- Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
- Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The purposeful and caring leadership of the Principal and SLT have created a strong academy identity and a positive ethos shared by all members of the community. The strength of leadership is recognised without exception by the academy’s staff. Students’ behaviour is good, the atmosphere in lessons is calm and studious and attitudes to learning are routinely positive as students want to learn. Students are hugely proud of their academy, they wear their blazers and ties smartly, do not drop litter and look after the modern, purpose-built site impeccably. They stand without instruction when any adult enters a classroom.”
Teacher Testimonial: “Moving from Industry to Teaching was a daunting yet exciting experience; I joined Stockwood Park Academy (known as South Luton High School at the time) as an instructor to see if teaching was for me, and have never looked back! The seamless transition into education was exciting, demanding, and the best decision I made. Like many teachers, my role has evolved and I have been fortunate enough to work across the Trust in different positions. The Trust has provided me with multiple opportunities to grow and develop. I now work as an Assistant Principal at The Chalk Hills Academy, with a focus on The Teaching Trust, Admissions and Science. I feel extremely privileged to be working for an organisation that inspires learning, growth, confidence and creativity, and challenges students to rise to their full potential in a warm and caring environment.”
Closing Date: Wednesday 15th November 2017 Interviews: As soon as possible
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today – we look forward to hearing from you!
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.