The Chalk Hills Academy have a great opportunity for a self-motivated Teacher of Mathematics to join our wonderful Department. Maths is often a subject perceived as challenging, but studying abstract concepts like Algebra forces students to think in new ways, build new connections and understand problems in a way that may not have seen before. Therefore, we are looking for a passionate teacher that will break down those learning barriers and make Maths understandable for all students.
· Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences to all students
· Be an aspirational professional who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the academy and its learners.
· To set high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
· To assess pupils’ work systematically and use the results to inform future planning, teaching and curricular development.
The successful candidate will:
· Have qualified teacher status and experience delivering Maths
· Have demonstrable commitment to inclusive teaching and learning.
· Be able to demonstrate the appropriate motivation to work with young people
· Use data to inform target setting and planning.
· Start date: ASAP or January start
· Salary: MPS/UPS £23,720 - £39,406
· Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
· £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
· You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
· Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
· Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
· Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
· Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement. Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment.” Ofsted May 2018
Teacher Testimonial: “Moving from Industry to Teaching was a daunting yet exciting experience; I joined Stockwood Park Academy as an instructor to see if teaching was for me, and have never looked back! The seamless transition into education was exciting, demanding, and the best decision I made. Like many teachers at the school, my role has evolved and I have been fortunate enough to work across the Trust in different positions. The Trust has provided me with multiple opportunities to grow and develop. I now work as an Assistant Principal at The Chalk Hills Academy, with a focus on The Teaching Trust, Admissions and Science. I feel extremely privileged to be working for an organisation that inspires learning, growth, confidence and creativity, and challenges students to rise to their full potential in a warm and caring environment.” – Mrs Jabbar, Assistant Principal